[avrdude-dev] [bug #38659] AVRFTDI not working anymore since svn1098 and

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #38659] AVRFTDI not working anymore since svn1098 and destroys flash-contents
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 16:52:23 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #38659 (project avrdude):

Thanks for following up on this, Tom.

For r1097 avrftdi indeed reads 0xff for the entire flash. I don't know why
this does not get written to the output file. Maybe the file already existed
and avrdude did not overwrite it?

As for r1139, the correct command stream for the FTDI is generated but it
cannot be transmitted (as you probably guessed). There are not many reasons
why the transfer would fail. One reason is the USB-device get disconnected
(and possibly re-enumerated), for example due to a bad cable. I dismissed this
possibility because with another version of avrdude the problem does not
manifest. Another reason I could imagine is another piece of software which
snatches the device away, for example the ftdi_sio serial port device driver
module on Linux or the VCP driver on Windows. This does however not explain
why it only happens with avrdude r1139. Maybe you can explain your test setup
in more detail or retry without the VCP drivers/the ftdi_sio module unloaded?

Best regards,
Hannes

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38659>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah