Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #38659] AVRFTDI not working anymore since svn1098

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #38659] AVRFTDI not working anymore since svn1098 and destroys flash-contents
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:55:29 +0200

As Hannes Weisbach wrote:

> > Maybe you can create a working windows binary with latest svn version, if it
> > is working with your hardware (just read a empty flash back in file), it
> > should working with my hardware too.

> I don't have a Windows tool chain.

Just to mention it: no need for having a native Windows host for this.
The common opensource unix systems usually also offer mingw32
cross-toolchains that can be used to compile a Win32 binary on a unix
host.

Obviously, one also has to compile Win32 versions of libusb and
libftdi for this to make sense, but I've successfully produced Win32
binaries that way on FreeBSD in the past.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/