[avrdude-dev] ATXMega128a3 in Conf

From: Louis Thiery
Subject: [avrdude-dev] ATXMega128a3 in Conf
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 11:39:14 -0400

Hello all

I'm experiencing a strange bug. Sometimes when I declare a global object, the code compiles and uploads, but doesn't execute.

I am using a PDI programmer and I know that no code executes because the first thing I do is try to pull a pin high. If I remove the global object, the code executes. I've run into this problem declaring many different objects so I don't think it is code specific which is why I'm probing into the configuration file.

I am trying to understand the memory descriptions in the conf file, but I don't understand where the offset addresses come from and am having trouble finding documentation on it. Given the nature of the bug, I am thinking that this global variables are being written somewhere improper.

Any advice would be appreciated!

--Louis