Re: [avrdude-dev] XMEGA32A4U not supported?

From: Kirill Levchenko
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] XMEGA32A4U not supported?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 11:52:48 -0700

I believe these (and the A3Us) use a slightly updated JTAG ICE protocol, which
avrdude does not currently support. I had promised Joerg Wunsch to send him
some traces from Atmel Studio programming these new chips, but haven't gotten
around to it. If you have the capability to program these with Atmel Studio and
get USB traces, these may be useful to Jeorg to add support for these.

There is also another way, using DFU functionality. There is an experimental
patch to do this:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7896

But this also needs testing.

Kirill