Re: [avrdude-dev] Build error with SVN trunk

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Build error with SVN trunk
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:28:49 +0200

Am 17.05.2013 um 08:19 schrieb Joerg Wunsch:

> As René Liebscher wrote:
>
>> TYPE_232H undeclared means, that your libftdi is version < 0.20.
>
> Yes, it's still at 0.18, as this used to be the version FreeBSD was
> shipping back when I installed it. ;-)  (I could probably upgrade it
> again, but the old one at least works well enough for older FTDI
> chips.)
avrftdi requires now libftdi-1.0. I don't know why it detected your libftdi-0.x
as -1.x.

>> There was already a check in configure, which is now reactivated.
Which is not necessary, since avrftdi requires libftdi-1.0 and libftdi-1.0
declares TYPE_232H. This masks an error, where libftdi-0.x is erroneously
recognized as libftdi-1.0.
I made the change to libftdi-1.0 because I want to use asynchronous transfers
in the future. Plus libftdi-0.x has not been updated since 9 months, so I
consider it deprecated. Oh and testing two library versions is too much work ;)

One real problems remains: libftdi-1.0 and libftdi-0.x co-installation, which
breaks avrftdi. The clean solution would be to merge all programmers to
libftdi-1.0.

Best regards,
Hannes