Re: [avrdude-dev] Problem using Pickit2 as Programmer

From: René Liebscher
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problem using Pickit2 as Programmer
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:12:41 +0100

   Hi,
   I guess you using the Windows binary from our download area.
   This indeed does not work with the pickit2.
   If I compile the current revision for myself it works. So I guess the
   problem is the cross-compiling of the Windows binary.
   My configure prints out the following:
   checking for ddk/hidsdi.h... yes
   Configuration summary:
   ----------------------
   DON'T HAVE libelf
   DO HAVE    libusb
   DON'T HAVE libusb_1_0
   DON'T HAVE libftdi1
   DON'T HAVE libftdi
   DO HAVE    libhid
   DO HAVE    pthread
   DISABLED   doc
   ENABLED    parport
   DISABLED   linuxgpio
   So I guess the crosscompile did not find libhid?
   In avrdude pickit2 supports using Windows HID interface or as
   alternative also libusb, but for latter you need to install the libusb
   Windows driver for the pickit2.
   Kind regards
   René