Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] Linux version of avrdude doesn't write fi

From: Randy Perkins
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] Linux version of avrdude doesn't write first bytes of flash page, while windows version does
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 05:18:46 -0500

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Michal Salaban <address@hidden>wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #4, bug #41561 (project avrdude):
>
> On windows I installed libusb, but I cannot guarantee that avrdude uses
> it. I
> flash the device using gui wrapper named companion9x:
>
> https://code.google.com/p/companion9x/downloads/detail?name=companion9xInstall_v1.52.exe

Hello

Both the windows and linux version of companion9x use avrdude with libusb.
By default companion9x is configured for a usbasp device (-c usbasp )

avrdude is bundled with the windows version of companion9x.
The linux version of companion9x does not bundle avrdude.  It relies on the
linux distribution to provide avrdude.
The windows version of avrdude bundled with companion9x is older than the
linux version provided by his distribution

thanks