[avrdude-dev] [bug #41637] avrdude timeout should be specifiable

From: László Monda
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41637] avrdude timeout should be specifiable
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:19:07 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: address@hidden
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Currently avrdude timeouts after about 3 seconds when not being able to
program the AVR.  I'd like to change this value to about 1 second (with a
command line option, without recompiling avrdude).

The reason is that I'm programming an AVR through another AVR that can act
like an USB to Serial bridge.  I've written a script to try to program the
remote AVR with avrdude and if it doesn't succeed then kick the AVR into
bootloader mode.  Being able to specify the timeout would make my script
significantly faster.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41637>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/