[avrdude-dev] [bug #41292] Crash when uploading with JTAGICE3

From: Guyzmo
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41292] Crash when uploading with JTAGICE3
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:16:26 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #41292 (project avrdude):

> > the only way I finally found to solve the issue, is to
> > restart my computer...
> This is kinda strange.

Because of that, I really feel this is not necessarily a bug
of avrdude itself, but a bug upstream, somewhere in the USB
libraries or the kernel drivers. So if we could find where
does that come from, I could make a bug report where it needs.

> > and I also got a core file to share
> Please share, together with the executable. I assume the
> source code is stock version 6.0.1? If you have locally
> modified it, please also submit the source code.

    avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Dec 10 2013 at 16:49:18
             Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
             Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

> I am not able to reproduce this in any way myself, so debugging
> your executable and core file is the only way to get a grip at

I actually thought I had uploaded the core file... I actually
somehow find the savannah bug report interface slightly unergonomic
to use.. Anyway, I'm uploading core and executable.

(file #30718)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: avrdude                        Size:1589 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41292>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/