[avrdude-dev] [bug #42267] jtag3isp fails to read lock and fuse bytes di

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #42267] jtag3isp fails to read lock and fuse bytes directly after changing lock byte
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 15:06:30 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #42267 (project avrdude):

> What's the problem with adding a workaround in avrdude?

Hacks like these are always evil.  As we don't have an idea
_what_ happens in the firmware here, how do we know a safe
value to delay?  While 10 ms seem to work for me, how could
we be sure they'll work for anyone?

> Hmm, I see. However, even though this might be the firmware's
> fault, it seems unlikely that this will be fixed on that end

As a first step, please report this to Atmel, so they open a
ticket for it.

> Closing this as invalid and ignoring the problem doesn't
> seem like a great idea

That's why I didn't do it immediately …

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?42267>

  Message sent via/by Savannah