[avrdude-dev] Mac OS, Atmel-ICE, and USB permissions

From: Eric Rudisill
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Mac OS, Atmel-ICE, and USB permissions
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 17:24:26 -0600

Hello all,

Has there been any progress towards solid functionality using the Atmel-ICE
programmer on a Mac OS?  The last I knew from a post on AVRFreaks was that the
USB system would need to be replaced to work gracefully with Mac’s USB
subsystem.  Something about libUSB clashing with some other HID devices (or
something?)

I was hoping Yosemite would solve the problem, but we are still unable to get
avrdude to see either a new Atmel-ICE or JTAG ICE3 programmer.

Thoughts?

-Eric