[avrdude-dev] [bug #53839] ATtiny and Programmer running after download

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #53839] ATtiny and Programmer running after download done
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 18:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #53839 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I'm open for discussions about this, but for that, please
subscribe to the avrdude developers list, and start a
discussion there.

In my opinion, the current behaviour is what most people would
expect from AVRDUDE, rather than a bug.  Remember, this is
"ISP", or "In-system programming", so the main purpose is not
to program the controller in an external socket as it used to
be the case in the days of EPROMS, but rather to program the
device inside the target circuitry. From there, the usual goal
is the device starts operating after programming finished.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?53839>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/