Re: [avrdude-dev] ATtiny416, and UPDI devices in general...

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATtiny416, and UPDI devices in general...
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 23:58:39 +0200

As Bill Westfield wrote:

> Is it intentional or accidental that pages writes to the flash space of the
> new UPDI chips (the Attiny416 in particular) using STK500v1 (actually
> "Arduino") are using byte addresses for the flash memory, rather than word
> addresses as with most prior AVRs that use STK500v1-like protocols?

I was hoping the author(s) of the UPDI code would respond ...

All I can say about this: the UPDI implementation came straight from
Microchip Norway (i.e. the former Atmel guys who developed the AVR),
so you might take whatever is implemented there as quite authoritative.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/