linuxspi question

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: linuxspi question
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 23:43:43 +0100

With all the patches for linuxspi, I'm trying to set it up on an
elderly Raspberry Pi 2B.

I think I've got the connections wired correctly:

RPi        ISP         Name

19         4           MOSI
21         1           MISO
23         3           SCK
24         5           /RESET
25         6           GND

However, it's not quite clear to me how to configure it in
avrdude.conf.  gpioinfo tells me:

        line   7:      unnamed   "spi0 CS1"  output   active-low [used]
        line   8:      unnamed   "spi0 CS0"  output   active-low [used]

and pinout(1) tells me
J8:
   3V3  (1) (2)  5V
 GPIO2  (3) (4)  5V
 GPIO3  (5) (6)  GND
 GPIO4  (7) (8)  GPIO14
   GND  (9) (10) GPIO15
GPIO17 (11) (12) GPIO18
GPIO27 (13) (14) GND
GPIO22 (15) (16) GPIO23
   3V3 (17) (18) GPIO24
GPIO10 (19) (20) GND
 GPIO9 (21) (22) GPIO25
GPIO11 (23) (24) GPIO8
   GND (25) (26) GPIO7
 GPIO0 (27) (28) GPIO1
 GPIO5 (29) (30) GND
 GPIO6 (31) (32) GPIO12
GPIO13 (33) (34) GND
GPIO19 (35) (36) GPIO16
GPIO26 (37) (38) GPIO20
   GND (39) (40) GPIO21

So I think I have to configure GPIO8 as a /RESET line.

However, when I try to configure reset=8 in avrdude.conf, I get

avrdude error: Unable to get GPIO line 8

(well, not quite surprising, as gpioinfo says it's assigned to
SPI)

This is with all those linuxspi patches from the patch trackers
(#100027 through #100031) applied.

So, what am I supposed to configure?

Given that a Raspberry Pi is the main driving force behind
linuxspi, I think there ought to be an example configuration
around in avrdude.conf that works out of the box, lest anyone
else would be able to use it.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/