ayttm-users

Re: [Ayttm-users] gtk2 port

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-users] gtk2 port
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:30:39 +0100

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:07:51 +0100 Nicolas Peninguy
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Colin :)

Hi :))

> What about a gtk2 port ? OK Colin, I know gtk2 is slow for you ! ;-)

(note to other ML readers : I already know Nicolas for he did a cool SDL
port of one of my old DOS games ;-))

> May
> be two versions could coexist if the UI code is quite separated from the
> core ?

Would be cool (if it doesn't drop gtk1 ;-)). Perhaps it's achievable using
some wrapping things*, and/or #defines (could be ugly, though). If all you
want from gtk2 is antialiased fonts, xft is supported.

Everybuddy's team started a core/UI separation, which should allow
different interfaces easily, see
http://www.everybuddy.com/eb-lite/index.php, but as now it's less
functional than the old codebase from which i forked.

In short patches are most welcome, but I do want to keep the gtk1
interface :)

* if functions like eb_button() are generalized, it could work.
--
Colin
"Qui n'échangerait pas cent ans d'ennui