ayttm-users

Re: [Ayttm-users] gtk2 port

From: Nicolas Peninguy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-users] gtk2 port
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:45:49 +0100

Colin Leroy wrote:

Would be cool (if it doesn't drop gtk1 ;-)). Perhaps it's achievable using
some wrapping things*, and/or #defines (could be ugly, though).

Yes, I think doing it in a clean way would require lots of work.

If all you want from gtk2 is antialiased fonts, xft is supported.

I use almost only gtk2 apps and I'd like to have a consistant look, save
some memory etc... For now I use Gaim (gtk2 port from cvs) which works
fine, but I like the idea of simplicity behind yattm. By the way, what
are main differences between gaim and yattm ?

Everybuddy's team started a core/UI separation, which should allow
different interfaces easily, see
http://www.everybuddy.com/eb-lite/index.php, but as now it's less
functional than the old codebase from which i forked.

It seems they are reinventing GConf (Gnome 2 preferences system) with
their "EB registry". In fact I think I need a gnome 2 IM application. :-)

I've found http://gimli.sourceforge.net/ but they seem to want to
develop yet another library (libelysium)...

In short patches are most welcome, but I do want to keep the gtk1
interface :)

What about a XUL interface ? :-))