ayttm-users

Re: [Ayttm-users] ayttm constantly rewriting contacts...unusable while

From: Michael Gurski
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-users] ayttm constantly rewriting contacts...unusable while doing so
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:23:07 -0500

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:57:00PM +0100, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2003 at 14h43, Michael Gurski wrote:
>
> > I figured it couldn't be any worse than the current EB, which
> > translates to "log out of the account I don't want default sends
> > originating from".
>
> BTW Philip just told me that Yahoo module is (the only one) reentrant :)

Heh, figures. :-)

> So the bug you experience is probably caused by something else and I'm
> still interested in your debuglog...

I didn't get a chance to save the logs (silly work getting in the way
of important stuff...), but I DID fix the problem.  I noticed that
everything always seemed to lock up at exactly the same point, and on
a hunch, took a look at my contacts file for that contact.  It turns
out that it was the *only* Yahoo account (aside from SYSTEM, which I
don't think AYTTM got to yet) which had a capital letter beginning
it.  Playing on that hunch, I editted it by hand to be all lower-case,
and suddenly, AYTTM's working like a champ.  No freakin' clue where to
look in the code, though.  If you still need it, I can switch it back
tomorrow and capture the output for ya.

--
Michael A. Gurski             (opt. [firstname].)address@hidden
Hail Eris! -><- All Hail Discordia!  O-  http://www.pobox.com/~[lastname]

"Whereever PUBLIC spirit prevails, liberty is secure."  --Noah Webster
(1758-1843)