ayttm-users

[Ayttm-users] Compliance with FHS

From: Ben Reser
Subject: [Ayttm-users] Compliance with FHS
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:44:19 -0800

Before we release 0.2.3 can we place make ayttm compliant with the FHS?
Per the FHS /usr/share is for Architecture-independent data... meaning
it is the incorrect place to place loadable modules:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-4.11.html

Rather applications that have architecture independent data that is only
used by it should create a single subdirectory under /usr/lib:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-4.7.html

Attached is a patch to switch to using /usr/lib/ayttm for the modules.

Also attached is a perl script for fixing the module path in the
configuration file.

I've been running the equivalent of this patch and using this script in
my rpm for a while so it should be safe.

Thanks.

--
Ben Reser <address@hidden>
http://ben.reser.org

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the
champion only of her own." -- John Quincy Adams, July 4th, 1821