bbdb-syncml-dev

Re: [Bbdb-syncml-dev] Status?

From: Jørgen Binningsbø
Subject: Re: [Bbdb-syncml-dev] Status?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:40:50 +0200

Lars Tobias Børsting wrote:
Riley <address@hidden> writes:

Is the bbdb syncml project active?

Has anyone used it to successfully sync between a Sony K700i and the
BBDB over bluetooth?

According to http://www.nongnu.org/bbdb-syncml/index.html the
bbdb-syncml is currently not working.
Which is true. What the page does not mention, is the fact that I've successfully transferred all contacts on a SE P910i, via the Sync4J server, to the BBDB. Got problems with encoding of norwegian characters, which seems to be an Emacs issue, and I never really understood emacs encoding... If I remeber correctly, I also had some rudimentary support for deletions and updates, but not very robust - a failed sync would lead to duplicates...

From the CVS tree it seems that the last source check-in was 3 months ago.

This was just to bring the CVS synced with latest updates in my local copy, as I got a private request for the status of the project. I haven't worked on it for over a year. As I now have a Qtek phone (which, afaik, does not support syncml) at work, and mainly use Thunderbird instead of Gnus privately, I have no real motivation for continuing this project. But if anyone dares to give it a shot, I'll at least try to answer some emails.

Kind regards,
-jørgen