bbdb-user

Re: telling bbdb to not ask about first names?

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: telling bbdb to not ask about first names?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:56:57 -0600

On Thu Feb 27 2020 address@hidden wrote:
> bbdb3 routinely asks me whether I want to change a full name to a first name
> e.g. Change Rajeev Gore to Rajeev?
> Is there some way that I can turn this off permanently ?

I am not sure I understand.

If you receive an email from a sender whose email address is known
to BBDB, but the (first + last) name known to BBDB for this email
address does not match the name appearing in the email, then the
user variable bbdb-add-name controls how BBDB should handle this
situation.  The default value of bbdb-add-name is 'query.
If this is indeed the cause of your problem, then the value nil may
solve your problem.