Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview

From: Leslie Polzer
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] New sy/hi with pcre; a second preview
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:50:35 +0200

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 01:17:38 -0400
Michael Terry <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was going to say that since we will get a larger range
> integer from the GUI configuration widget, we might as well use it.
IMO 0-255 has the advantage that humans can better understand it.

> I'm not sure what you are getting at here.  What do comments/XML have to
> do with abstracting from specific colors in a syntax file to categories
> of keywords?
I wasn't talking specifically about the colors here. The comments I am
talking about would serve the same purpose you intended the categories
should. And when you mentioned the listing of functions I thought that
it may be good to give the syntax file a more logical structure, perhaps
with XML.

> >>comments
Guess that should be separated into stream comment and line comment.

Leslie