[Beaver-devel] frantically gospel music

From: Janet Conley
Subject: [Beaver-devel] frantically gospel music
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 22:14:27 -0600

No more negotiations possible now; we couldn’t pay the wages they want anyhow.
But the short of it is that my unfortunate uncle has committed suicide.
One thing is obvious; it inevitably did the opposite of what it said.
But he did make it; so he had some other reason for making it.
By the way, why did you come to live in the flats?
He had still less doubt that it was the dead man’s secretary, Mr Rupert Rae.
But he did make it; so he had some other reason for making it. Being bad inside has very little to do with committing crimes outside.
The worst criminals have committed no crimes. I thought you startled him by coming in just when he was coming out.
On the whole, Father Brown rather preferred the more bourgeois group of partners.
That is what he really wanted; God knows why.
If it was an after - thought, it was the after - thought of a very thoughtless person.
But I shall want to see you again, Henry, about - about winding things up generally.
It was, he cheerfully admitted, a perfectly senseless idea.
Or it may have something to do with our friend Wadham.
And I have a notion that this assassin is a very thoughtful person. That’s why I had to go there early and open the door to him. The practical point is why did the practical criminal commit this crime. That’s why I had to go there early and open the door to him.
The answer is the answer to the question I’ve asked twice.
But one thing they did understand; and that was business.
You’ve got to think of the sort of man and the sort of reputation. Their views on economics and ethics were heathen and heartless.
It was, he cheerfully admitted, a perfectly senseless idea. But, given the position and the person, I repeat what I said. Also by the way, young Henry told me you made an early appointment with him when you moved in.
Why didn’t the Other Man leave a note for the wife like a sane man?
But I shall want to see you again, Henry, about - about winding things up generally. The spectacles of Father Brown were turned in mute inquiry to the eyeglasses of Mr Henry Sand. But he worried a good deal about whether it would happen.
The worst criminals have committed no crimes.
None of these workmen, however, bitter, would have done a thing like that. Father Brown had been drawn into some of the debates, being in some sense called in on both sides. But he worried a good deal about whether it would happen. No more negotiations possible now; we couldn’t pay the wages they want anyhow. The answer is the answer to the question I’ve asked twice. A moment after he said: ‘There was a pin in this thing and I pricked myself.