Re: [Beaver-devel] GtkUiManager test on CVS

From: Double 12
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] GtkUiManager test on CVS
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:51:04 +0200

I also don't fully understand how the UI merging and de-merging is done.
I think this page (though it is C++ and comes from Xfce Foundation Classes) can make it a bit clear:
http://xfc.xfce.org/docs/howto/html/uimanager.html#UIM02
It says you have to load in a new XML-file with the extra menu items through add_ui_from_file()....or add each menu item separately through add_ui(). The GtkUiManager demo on the CVS isn't perfect, by the way. All the radio items are treated as one list, you can just choose one item, but actually they are two lists of options.

Double 12

Tobias Heinzen wrote:
well looks fine. I do not see why Help/About/Quit is also in the toolbar, but other than that great. What wonders me though: how can you add a menuitem later (eg. for the language menu?) do we need a xml file for every menuitem? or how is this done?

greet
Tobias

PS: i'm currently working on the auto-completion feature. it seems that we use there some deprecated functions too.