[Beaver-devel] GtkUiManager upgrade commited

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] GtkUiManager upgrade commited
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 22:27:28 +0200

I have commited the GtkUiManager upgrade to interface.c to the CVS. We still have to edit other files and modify a lot of things in interface.c to make everything work.
Look at those points:
  • In the old situation, all actions when clicking a menu item were concentrated in the function menu_items_treatment. Depending on the argument given, a different function was called, like save_file() or open_file().
    In GtkUiManager, callbacks for menu items can't have arguments. So a seperate function for every menu item has to be made. I already did this for a lot of menu items, with names like info_clicked(). But not all menu items have a callback function yet. So I hope someone can make more callbacks...it's actually just rewriting the code from menu_items_treatment to a seperate function.
  • The function toolbar_set_sensitive causes a GTK-critical warning about something "not being a container". Probably this happens because the toolbar isn't properly packed in HandleBox.
    After hours of searching, I still can't find the cause. Maybe someone else can take a fresh look at it.
  • I disabled the popup-feature because it still uses GtkItemFactory. But probably there are more functions that are old and need to be changed
I hope you guys can help get some things to work.

Thanks,
Double 12