Re: [beaver-devel] interface.c update

From: Double 12
Subject: Re: [beaver-devel] interface.c update
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:30:35 +0200

A fantastic result, the whole everything works fine and the close buttons on the tabs are a welcome innovation.
A few questions:
  • In the preferences dialog, some check items and drop-down menus don't work right anymore and use deprecated GtkItemFactory code. Are we going to fix them, or just remove them, since many of the options can also be set via the toolbar/menubar?
  • Beaver checks documents for valid UTF-8. Is this really necessary? Because when I try to open a document with just a wrong copyright sign in it, the whole document doesn't open. That's quite disappointing for users.
  • Maybe you can advise (or help) me with the Ascii Art plugin. Shall I draw the ascii art words letter by letter, or line by line?
Thanks, Double 12

Tobias Heinzen schreef:
Double 12 wrote:

Great you did all that work, Trevor should be proud of you ^^

I'll check it out as soon as possible (in a few hours), and I'll post my experiences on the mailinglist.

i fixed some small things (it didn't compile right before), so you probably have to update again.

greets
Tobias