[Beaver-devel] Ascii art plugin

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Ascii art plugin
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:22:08 +0200

I made a start on the actual drawing of the Ascii Art plugin. I need to split the gchar* of the whole word in seperate characters? I know this is a basic C skill, but how can i do that? g_str_split doesn't seem suitable for this, it uses a delimiter. Look at the ascii.c code. The shapre of the arts is hardcoded in the code. This is the best option I could find. Or is it better to add the shape of the letters to a struct?

Although printing documents in Beaver isn't used a lot, it would be a lot better to use a GtkPrintUnixDialog to select a printer and printer settings and then construct a GtkPrintJob.
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkPrintUnixDialog.html
If you're okay with that, I'll try to make such a dialog.

The function print_msg (used to print things on the message bar) may also be used by plugin writers. Shall I move it to the API? Or is the whole message bar an obsolete idea?

Double 12