[Beaver-devel] Icon location

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] Icon location
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 20:59:18 +0100

In order to be able to have different icon sizes (48x48, 22x22, etc), the current icon had to be put at the location DESTDIR/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/beaver.png. The About dialog image stayed at DESTDIR/beaver/pixmaps/about.xpm.

In the beaver.desktop file, we shouldn't use an absolute path for the icon: in that case, only one icon can be loaded.
We must supply the program name. Then the desktop environment can choose which version of the icon (48x48 or 22x22) it wants to load.
So I put the following in the beaver.desktop file, like .desktop files from other programs also do:
Icon=beaver

But in the desktop environment menu, no icon is shown for Beaver. I still don't get why it isn't found for Beaver, while it is for other programs. We will have to solve this.

Double 12