Re: [Beaver-devel] Patch

From: Tobias Heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Patch
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:53:14 +0100

Double 12 wrote:
About the regex patch:
it is diff'ed against Beaver 0.3.0. Have there been many changes to search.c in 0.4.0, or could we add the patch to 0.4.0 anyway?
well there were some changes to search.c. The text search mechanism is now in api/text.c. Technically one could change "beaver_text_find_impl" to include regex search and the rest should still work.

Thanks to Higor for creating such a patch. That's very nice. The module name for the 0.4.0 branch is 'beaver0.4.0'. Would be nice if we could add the regex feature to this branch too. Thanks again.

 I could maybe create a "open a terminal"-plugin.
This is a great idea. Thunar (the filemanager of Xfce) has the same feature and I love it *g*. Especially if the terminal is opened for the directory the currently opened file resides in. Also the "preferences"-button of the plugin manager could be used to configure which terminal (xterm, gnome-terminal etc...) should be opened.
A bit harder would be a "Find in files" plugin (looks for a certain keyword in all files in a directory).
Would be also handy.

Greets
Tobias