Re: [Beaver-devel] Patch: warning removal && TODO's

From: t.heinzen
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Patch: warning removal && TODO's
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:41:11 +0100

> Both joe and vim use regex. The difference is that they
> use *curses
> to print the colors on the screen. We can use the regex
> to find where
> are the symbols/words that we want to highlight and
> create GtkTextMark
> that point to do highlighting.

Well in my opinion it should be faster to parse the text
linearly each word and then do a lookup in a hashtable if
this word is a keyword or not. the problem if you do it the
other way around you have to look at the text multiple
times (for every regex). But that should be tested.

> GtkSourceView uses regex too and its fast, but i dont
> like GtkSourceView
> highlighting.

i don't either :-)

> Well, im suggesting to implement the code, not just use a
> library.
> Maybe create a embbed libBeaver? hahaha
> I know it takes time but, maybe it could be implemented
> in a 0.4.5 or
> 0.5.0 release or in the next GSOC?

yup, this is not the focus of 0.4.0.

greets