[Beaver-devel] GTK/Glib dependencies

From: Double 12
Subject: [Beaver-devel] GTK/Glib dependencies
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:07:17 +0100

A new report of compiling Beaver on SLED10. This time not the autools version, but the normal version of Beaver from the CVS.
When I configure, it says I don't have the right version of Glib. That's true, on my system is 2.8.x while 2.14 is needed.
Is it really necessary to have glib >= 2.14 for Beaver? Or could we set a lower version for this dependency?

When I was compiling, it gave an error because GtkPrintOperation was not recognized.
Couldn't it be that GtkPrintOperation was introduced in a recent version of Gtk? I'm using Gtk 2.8.x. The dependency for Beaver is gtk >= 2.6. Shouldn't that be higher? I'm not sure if people running Gtk 2.6 could compile all functions used in Beaver.

Double 12