Re: [linuxiran] Where can I find Open Kylix?

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Where can I find Open Kylix?
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 12:39:25 +0000

From: Aryan Ameri <address@hidden>
To: GNU/Linux in Iran <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 11:42:05 +0300

21:10, Payam bahraini wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If you mean Borland Kylix 3, I've bought its CD from Paytakht
> > Computer Center.
> >
> > Have a good time.
>
> No, he mentioned Open Kylix, which is a Open source implementation of
> Borland Kylix.
>
> Borland Kylix is proprietary software, but free (as in beer).As payam
> mentioned you can buy it from paytakht.
>

>   Thank you, but I don't want to buy a copied version and be an out
> law, and I don't want to pay many mony for it, so I want an Open Kylix
> which is free.

Borland offer free downloadable kylix i.e. no money at all. All you have to do is to register your copy and when you do that you will receive serial nomber and a couple of ads. release emails each month. You will not get outlaw by this. on the other hand if you are going to use it for commersial software developement then that is another
thing, read carefully the Borland agreement just before downloading!!!
I have a copy of Borland Kylix but I only use it for my own usage.

/Abbas

And this, I call some attitude which we out to see more among Iranians.
Hedayat, I congradulate you. In  Iran not many people unfortunately
care about the legal issues of the software that they use. By not
buying an illegal version of Borland Kylix, you are really setting an
example. I hope other people also underestand, the consequences of
using pirated software.
Cheers

--
Aryan Ameri