[linuxiran] Re: [Kde-i18n-fa] KDE DCOP & HDD spin down

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: [linuxiran] Re: [Kde-i18n-fa] KDE DCOP & HDD spin down
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:15:12 +0300

On Monday 02 June 2003 13:17, Amin Abbaspour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some times ago I sent an email to this mailing list and asked how can
> I spin down hard disk while KDE's DCOP server is running.
>
> Now I found the answer since spinning down the hard drives is a
> matter of fact for does who wanna run KDE on laptops, and I thought
> it might be interesting for some of you too.
>
> To let the noflushd or hdparam do their work well, one must mount the
> file systems DCOP Server working on, with "noatime" option.

I'm really interested in this, cause I don't underestand anything about
it !! :-)

I have KDE running on my laptop (which currently is the only computer
that I have) I don't know anything about DCOP server or HDD Spin Down.
Could you please explain them abit more amin? What are they exactly ?
Performance enhancement, or something like that ?

Cheers

PS: I'm CCing you, because I changed the mailing list to bna-linuxiran,
and I wasn't sure if you were subscribed there, or not.
--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri