Re: [linuxiran] Lost home contents

From: Zoup
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Lost home contents
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:36:45 -0900

On Monday 17 November 2003 02:50, Farid Behnia wrote:
> I am posting this on behalf of my friend
> He was trying to add a new ext3 partition and mount
> his home directory on that.
> He created the partition using webmin and mounted it
> as /home!
> Now he says he has lost all his home contents while
> the df command shows the same disk usage as before.

em... i can explain it for you ! :)
new partition mount at /home (just say hda2) , before this , hda1 was mounted
on /home/zoup , after you mount hda2 on /home , new partition "Shadow" the
drive , you no longer see old partition mounted there ! :)
edit /etc/fstab :)

--
It's a poor workman who blames his tools.