[linuxiran] cheops-ng doesn´t run on RH9

From: Farid Behnia
Subject: [linuxiran] cheops-ng doesn´t run on RH9
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:45:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I tried to install and run cheops-ng but I failed
I installed cheops-ng-static-0.1.12-1.i386.rpm but
when I try to run it by 1st running cheops-agent and
then cheops-ng I get these error messages
address@hidden cheops-ng]# cheops-agent &
[1] 3880
address@hidden cheops-ng]# init_osscan(): Initalizing
the muteciessesss
init_osscan(): finished Initalizing the muteciessesss
dequeue_osscan(): dequeue going to sleep

address@hidden cheops-ng]# cheops-ng

GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: No such
user 0.

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale
set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

Gtk-WARNING **: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: unexpected reloc
type address@hidden

and then a an error message pops up indicating
Application ¨cheops-ng¨ (process 3885) has crashed
due to a fatal error.(Segmentation fault)

I tried to install   cheops-ng-0.1.12.tgz
but during ./configure it tells me:
checking for gnome-config... no
checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib...
not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file
that is generated by gnome-libs install

I first thought I had to reinstall ( install
completely ) gnome ( I did it through redhat-installer
)
but that didn´t work!

Any helps or suggestions would be most appreciated!