Re: [linuxiran] A couple of books for viewing....

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] A couple of books for viewing....
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:34:46 +0200

On Monday 01 March 2004 06:27, Arash Partow wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> People that are interested in C\C++ and require learning
> aids please read on, others feel free to ignore this post.
>

> I've just uploaded the following books to my server,
> they will be up for the next 10 days.
>
> 1.) Bjarne Stroustrup's The C++ Programming Language (Third Edition)
> 2.) B. Kernighan and D. Ritchie The C Programming Language (Second
> Edition)

> Get'em while they're HOT!!!

Both are classics. I have partly read the K&R book, and it is THE
reference book for C. Mind you it isn't geared toward beginners, but
for someone who is familiar with basic concepts of programming, this is
a fine book.

However, the second edition (which I thkink is the last one to date) is
written in 88 or 89, and it addresses ANSI C 89 standard, not the newer
C 99, so if you want to start with the newest rules, look else weher.
Of course most compilers are fully backward compatible, and most of the
have not yet fully implemented C 99, so C 89 is still a widely used.

Also Arash, please in the future do not put parantheses in the name of
the file, cause many download managers like wget and axel have problems
with it. The book by Bjarne Stroustrup has parantheses in the file
name.

Thanks for making them available digitally. It is great to have them on
my computer.

--
<!--  People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That
is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and

Aryan Ameri