Re: [linuxiran] Free Software Bank Account,

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Free Software Bank Account,
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:06:09 +0000

Le Thursday 24 June 2004 18:06, Kaveh Mousavi a écrit :
> Having a Free Software Account in iran has occupied
> my mind for a while,
>
> What do you think about some kind of bank-account
> dedicated to our Free projects or meetings and
> promotion expenses?
>
> Regards
> Kaveh

I don't think the community is ready for that. Face it, we do not
receive much non-financial contributions, let alone financial ones.

And that bank account will become a symbol for many to show as just a
bunch of money grabber greedy capitalists.

And do we really need one? I know Arash spends considerable sum on
websites and other expenditures, and he certainly could use some help,
but I am not convinced that a public bank account is the way to go.

Cheers
--
/* It is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is
a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist

Aryan Ameri