[linuxiran] Permissions in Slackware

From: Hamid Nouri
Subject: [linuxiran] Permissions in Slackware
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 05:04:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there

I installed Slackware 10 today, and I have some
problems with permissions. For example when I mount A
FAT partition to a mount point only root has
permission to read, write and execute. I try to change
the permissions but anyhow I've got nothing. These
only work on unmounted point, in other words I can
change the permissins only for empty directories and
when a device is mounted to a point, privileges are
changed. cdrom and other removable medias are the
same. I use reiser FS for the first time, and before
with ext3 never had these problems.

thanks in advance

Hamid