[linuxiran] Redhat 9 to Debian Sarge Migration

From: Farid Behnia
Subject: [linuxiran] Redhat 9 to Debian Sarge Migration
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:28:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This might be an old topic and I've got a bunch of
hits googling it but I'm seeking more realistic
observations.
I'm about to do a major upgrade on about 20 redhat 9
servers (web, proxy, mail, ftp, ...) + a bunch of
firewalls and routers, but I'm insisted to choose
Redhat Enterprise AS 4 over any other distro. I'd like
to get some solid enough reasons to persuade the boss
to switch over to Debain Sarge. Well, up to now I've
mentioned lack of immediate security/fix patches for
redhat, its rather awful package management and a
bunch of other flaws. But it doesn't yet seem
satisfactory enough to them.
What problems may I run into using Debian Sarge?
 How can you guys out there advise me on this?
It's somehow urgent.

Cheers

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs