bontz-team

[Bontz-team] animated water tiles

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] animated water tiles
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:41:00 -0700 (PDT)

hey, remember me?  the guy who claims to work on
graphics and you never get anything from?  Well I've
finally put some new stuff in CVS, 30 frames worth of
water.  I'd suggest a framerate of somewhere around
10/second for it.

My vision for how this would work is to have the water
be tiled underneath another layer of background tiles,
land/shore/dock/whatever.  That would also give us the
ability to make running water just by scrolling the
water layer.  With some alpha trickery, beach areas
could even look partially submerged, even though
technically they're on top.

I'd made some other versions, some with really sweet
sparkly glare effects on 'em, but those looked really
stupid when tiled.

Sorry there's no dock yet, or fish monger, or flashing
mucka, or... :^)