bontz-team

[Bontz-team] fishrace scene

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] fishrace scene
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:52:40 -0700 (PDT)

Here's an artist's conception of what the fish race
screen might look like.  Every tile/sprite with the
possible exception of the splash is at an offset of a
multiple of 64 pixels.

your challenge: make this happen in-game :^)

To me it looks like 5 layers, again not concerning
ourselves with the splash or the characters that would
be on it:
1) front poles
2) dock
3) back poles
4) land
5) water
though we could get clever and do it in 4:
1) front poles and northmost tiles of dock
2) back poles and remainder of dock
3) land
4) water

But unless there would be a significant speed increase
in designing the scenery-centric code to have a hard
limit in number of layers, we should probably let
there be any arbitrary number of layers per scene, and
just try to keep it to a minimum as a guideline.

Let me know if the grass and sand look too fugly.  I'm
staring at it and I can't figure out if they look icky
or not.  the corners should be smoother though.

Hmm, now to dig through all those public-domain sound
effects libraries I've gathered over the years and
look for some good water sounds to work on...