bothans-dev

[bothans-dev] third person

From: Louie Mcintyre
Subject: [bothans-dev] third person
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:43:08 -0000

Tracy took the memorandum, and with a priggish, butby no means inelegant, bow went out.
The secretarys eyes gleamed expectantly behind hisenormous horn-rimmed glasses. But when, at last, theywere told they could go, no new information had been brought tolight.
Sorry I couldnt give you more help, he said. Why all this substantiation of an obviously unimportant fact?
Saw them together only lastweek at Mouquins. They played until three oclock thismorning. You are doomed not to hear the first turn of those wheels,retorted Markham.
Detective Bellamy was announced, and Heath sprang to his feet.
When thecall had ended, he turned to Vance.
These are the inferable facts from the evidencethus far adduced. The dusky fille de chambre, Id say, iseminently trustworthy.
Markham discussed the case with him until half past eight but couldelicit no further suggestions.
Recall our recent conversazione about footprints in the snow?
You mean that this Doctor Lindquist might have been interested inher otherwise than professionally? Your Long Island Don Juan has certainly not supplied you with anyfootprints in the snow. Hes visiting New York for a couple ofweeks so hell appreciate Frisco more when he gets back.
Vance regarded the identificationcard satirically. Well, heresa crime, and the perpetrator left no footprints coming or going. Sorry todisturb you, sir, but theres a phone call for your brother. Shedidnt confide in me who her murderer was to be.
Markham picked up the telephone receiver,and as he listened he jotted down some notes on a pad.
Tracy took the memorandum, and with a priggish, butby no means inelegant, bow went out. Well, the expert on burglar tools just calledup; and he verifies his opinion of this morning. And just what portions of her information do you considerparticularly illuminating? But when, at last, theywere told they could go, no new information had been brought tolight. Clear-cutprofessional job, by somebody whos been in the line of workbefore.
Cleaver stiffened at these last words and started to protestindignantly. Bellamy entered unemotionally and walked up to the districtattorneys desk. And Ill say this, too: I wasnt the only easy mark shesqueezed.
Markham grunted his distaste of Vances jocularity.
Thismorning she is found murdered, and the apartment ransacked.
Youre talking nonsense, Markham rebuked him, with a show ofanger.
Vance had again become seriousand perplexed.
These are the inferable facts from the evidencethus far adduced.