[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Bug-gnupod] Track numbers

From: Leon Clarke
Subject: [Bug-gnupod] Track numbers
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:04:04 +0000
User-agent: KMail/1.5.1


Since upgrading from 0.27 to 0.92 I found that it wasn't correctly finding 
track numbers. Most of my mp3s are ripped with bladeenc, which apparently 
adds both v1 and v2 tags, but I'm not sure if it adds all of them correctly.

I've fixed this by changing this line in __is_mp3 in FileMagic.pm
$hs = MP3::Info::get_mp3tag($file, 2, 1); #Get the IDv2 tag ### BROKEN! FIXME
$hs = MP3::Info::get_mp3tag($file); #Get the IDv2 tag ### BROKEN! FIXME

i.e. calling get_mp3tag with the same arguments that are used in gnupod 0.27, 
which will apparently use v2 tags if present or v1 tags if not. 
This obviously makes all the stuff with $h and $hs pointless, but it'll always 
take the $hs version so everything works for me.

I assume from the comment you know this doesn't quite work, but that other 
encoders work better with the new version. I can supply example mp3 files if 
you need to find out exactly what tags my files have.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]