c2m-project

[C2m-project] rage genesis

From: Bab Beatty
Subject: [C2m-project] rage genesis
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:50:47 -0200

Foundling, I knew, she must have been, the vague manand woman her father and mother. No, no, Lief, he broke in, dropping the tribal tongue.
I straightened up and looked out over the white river.
Around and over them the goldenpygmies danced to the throbbing of the little drums.
Clearly, he knew something of this place.
If we could only get her to speak slower, andtune down on the trills.
Around her hips wasthe white loin-cloth of the Little People. It was inflamed, but the blackness was no longerthere. They were earth-folk,worshippers of life; and as such at times outrageously Rabelaisian. The water was warm, as warm as the milk it resembled, and curiouslybuoyant. What would he want you to do when youdid find it?
We went forward, avoiding with difficultythe thorns. The little woman came racing through the fem brake; the little man stoppeddancing. The Ayjir werecunning; they laid traps for the little ones, and caught a number.
Her hands were filled with small purplish fruits resemblingfox-grapes. It had been hours since we had followed her over the plain between thewatch-tower and her tent.
She was a strong woman, tall almost as I.
Butthe hair was russet red and her skin as fair as that of the woman whoheld her.
I could not understand, andshook my head helplessly.
Once he called me dog slinking behind the heels of the hunter.
Over that silvery pelt her hair fell in twothick braids of flaming red.
At the endof the path was a squat tower of stone, and from this came the glint ofspear-heads. And just as certainly, I assumed,they knew what they were about.
I peered through one of thecrevices, down upon the blue sward and the white river. How could I be sure until I saw all the signs? They were in Cherokee-land when the Cherokeesgot there.
In the tower a shrill-voiced drum chattered an unmistakable alarm. When I summon you, then see that you obey! Besides, men are few in Karak, as I told you. She remembered when she hadbeen no bigger than the Little People . I went on to something else that had been puzzlingme.