c2m-project

[C2m-project] uniquely care

From: Beatrice Gilliam
Subject: [C2m-project] uniquely care
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:11:50 -0000

And it had shallow thin cups and deepsaucers and scalloped plates and round, fat, pobby tureens.
It had been an April day, warm inthe sun, cold in the shadow.
Tell Emily, wrote old Aunt Nancy, that twins run in the Priestfamily. But now again I feel sure He loves me, she said softly. Of course, all the Priests wanted me to buy that house.
She couldhave bitten her tongue off the moment the word escaped it. Of course, hes richer than a YOUNG man could be, conceded AuntAddie.
Was that dreadful fall down theNew Moon stairs the only cause?
As the days passed she felt a growing distasteto the thought of ever taking it up. I doubt if hethinks of any one but himself.
Cousin Jimmy and Aunt Laura knew that, though no one elseseemed to notice it. Ill make a sensible weddingot, just as youre doing, with a heart of gold and a pocket ofsilver. That house wants us as badly as we want it, she said. Anything else would have insulted her mood. The ghosts of things that never happenedare worse than the ghosts of things that did. That was when I was afraid it would take you away from me.
Ill make a sensible weddingot, just as youre doing, with a heart of gold and a pocket ofsilver. And othershave nothing at all of it in them.
Thats what youve always seemed to me, Emily. Gurrl dear, there do be worse things than having a dish or twoflung at ye.
Its far nicer to feel that you belong to a place, said Emily,looking about her affectionately. He likes to watch us to see what well do.
But Laura also knew that this very feeling old andwise merely proved Emilys youth. Theres absolutely nothing more we can do, sighed Emily. It should have, but that evening Emily went out of the house aftersunset.
She had lost Andrew, so must console herselfwith lame Jarback Priest.
She surrenderedherself utterly to the charm of the place.
Havent you been twitting me for years with my slowness in gettinga beau?
And Dean had jewels of closets and cupboards put in everywhere.
Kelly, do you really suppose ANY man could make ME do that? Aunt Elizabeth declared she would as soon live in thewoods as in such a room.
Yet she was happy, as she told herself very often and verysincerely.
She took rather an impish delight in egging him on. I, who allmy life have been hungry to own a bit of land.
Of course, hes richer than a YOUNG man could be, conceded AuntAddie. Then he looked at thefireplace where kindlings and pinewood were laid.
I wanted to be proud of him andhe always made me ashamed of him. And, after all, Dean would not take her away.
Emilys a nicer name than Cytherea or Juno, I think. She felt again her oldjoy in mere existence.