ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] about rtplisten and rtpsend demo,for help

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] about rtplisten and rtpsend demo,for help
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:16:00 +0100

        I see the problem. If you change the 3333 port for rtpsend to
3332, it will work. This is because rtplisten refuses to listen on an
odd port and listens to 3332 instead, as specified in the old RTP
spec.

        This is an interesting issue. In newer revisions of RTP, the
constraint that the RTP data port must be even has been relaxed. ccRTP
allows to specify both data and control port, in which case the stack
will use the two specified ports without modification. However,
rtplisten does not specify the control port, but I think that a third
optional parameter should be added for this.

        I believe older versions of ccRTP did the even/odd check also
for the destination port, but since it is now possible to use an odd
port for data packets whenever specified, that check has been
removed. I think this explains why the same command lines could work
with older ccRTP releases, with which both rtplisten and rtpsend used
3332 for data packets.