ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] Retrieving RTCP receiver info

From: Gianluca Martiniello
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Retrieving RTCP receiver info
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:37:07 +0100

Hi all,

I'm using ccRTP support for RTCP to implement a QoS monitoring tool at
application layer.
This monitoring tool is a fairly simple application which sequentially
establishes RTP audio session (using SIP) with preconfigured automatic
responders.
During a session my application sends and receives PCMU-coded audio
samples to the automatic responder with which the session has been
established. Moreover, thanks to the RTCP support provided by ccRTP :-),
my application automatically sends and receives RTCP sender/receiver
reports and using onGotSR and onGotRR I am able to track the reception
of SR and RR packets. Then, manipulating the information incapsulated
inside RRs I am able to estimate various QoS parameters (jitter and loss
for instance) which give me an indication of the QoS that would be
perceived by the other side if the other side were a human interlocutor
(actually it is just an automatic responder! ;-) ).

Now I am wondering if there is a simple way to track the transmission of
RRs by my application because I am interested in estimating the same QoS
parameters in order to have an indication of the QoS perceived by my
application as if it were a human person (actually it is just a simple
application! :-) ).

Do you have any idea? I don't know if I have been clear enough in
exposing my problem, in case I'll try to expose it better with practical
examples! :-D

Thanks for help.

Gianluca