Re: Time Management and Nullmessages

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: Time Management and Nullmessages
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:19:26 +0100

2008/2/2, Christian Stenzel <address@hidden>:
> Hello all,
>
> for the preparation of my talk in Magdeburg I've read some
> publications dealing with CERTI. My main resource is
> ftp://ftp.cert.fr/pub/siron/.

I think this is the right location :=)

[...]
> As I know protocols like Deadlock Detection and Recovery (Chandy, Misra)
> or synchronous variants can handle zero lookahead.
>
> So the question is if I could use zero-lookahead with CERTI.

I personnally don't know but I'm pretty sure Pierre will answer this with easily
(it's easy for me to say that :=)

Regarding other synchronization protocols I would be glad to share
some experience and/or references in this area.
We may experiment different protocol in CERTI if it's valuable to some of us.
I may through the first "survey" reference:
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/ferscha95parallel.html

Since more than 10 years old may be some of us may indicate a more
recent one :-)