Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Configuration in Windows

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Configuration in Windows
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:02:04 +0100

2008/11/9 papzo <address@hidden>:
> I am using CERTI 3.3.1 on Windows XP SP2

Hi Linda,

You should subscribe to the CERTI mailing list
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/certi-devel
before being able to freely send/receive e-mail from.

This is a "subscriber-only" list in order to avoid SPAM through the list.
I did accept your first message on the list but please subscribe
to the list for next one.

Moreover since people reply on the list by default you should
subscribe in order to get the answer.

> I have used the following file to install: certi-3.3.1-Windows-MSVC.exe from
> the home page. I am able to write and compile my own implementation of the
> fedarate apart from Billard. But i get a runtime error in connection with
> the virtual functions.
>
> When I try and run rtig.exe it says:
>
> "The application had failed to start because the application configuration
> is incorrect". Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

We do have encountered this problem when the platform where CERTI
installer has been compiled is somehow "different" from the platform
where CERTI is installed.

So far I did not manage to solve this issue.
Which version of WiIndows XP and Visual Studio are you using?

Would you be able to download CERTI sources
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/certi-3.3.1-Source.zip
and rebuild the installer on your particular configuration
http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/Install/html/build.html

> Am I missing something???

Nope I don't think so.

>  Should I set up the environmental variables even though I'm using one
> machine?

No the CERTI install should be enough.
You may define CERTI_HOME environment variable with the path
where CERTI is installed.
It is used for finding FED files but it is not mandatory.

CERTI_HOST var is used for finding where the RTIG is running
http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/Install/html/execute.html
but if you are on a single host this is not mandatory either.