Re: [certi-dev] CERTI now uses libRTI-NG and libFedTime

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI now uses libRTI-NG and libFedTime
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:21:59 +0100

2008/11/25 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>:
> To users of the latest development version of CERTI (from CVS HEAD):
>
> Hello,
>
> The CERTI now builds the DMSO HLA libraries libRTI-NG and libFedTime. This
> should provide a better compatibility with other DMSO compliant RTI
> products.
> You may need to slightly modify your federates to link with latest CERTI.
>
> (0) If your federate uses FindRTI.cmake, i.e. FIND_PACKAGE(RTI) in your
> CMakeFiles.txt:
> No change is needed.
>
> (1) If your federate uses FindCERTI.cmake, i.e. FIND_PACKAGE(CERTI):
> Use FindRTI.cmake instead. ;-)

I second that, CVS version of the current FindCERTI.cmake will now
show you an osbolescence message:

"FindCERTI is deprecated you should use FindRTI instead"
the file will disappear :=)

> In your CMakeFiles.txt, please replace FIND_PACKAGE(CERTI) by
> FIND_PACKAGE(RTI) and all CERTI_ variables by equivalent RTI_ variables.

You have an updated and working example in HLA_Tutorial/CMakeLists.txt:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/HLA_Tutorial/CMakeLists.txt?root=certi&view=markup

> (2) If you use autoconf, or a hand-made Makefile:
> With previous CERTI versions, you had to link against libRTI, libCERTI and
> libxml.

Note that libxml is not mandatory. CERTI may be built without it however
if libxml cannot be found then you won't be able to use xml FOM files but only
"FED" FOM files.

> Now, when building your federate, you only need to link against libRTI-NG
> and libFedTime,
> e.g. gcc federate.cc -lRTI-NG -lFedTime
>

> If you have any problems or questions, please let us know.

We would be glad to ear successful report too.
Ideally, now you should be able to compile & run your  federation with
DMSO compliant RTI
and rerun the same Federation with CERTI  without recompiling :-)

Off course, in between you should have changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
equivalent in order
to make your Federate dynamically link with CERTI provided libs.