Re: [certi-dev] Running Portico example under CERTI

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Running Portico example under CERTI
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:14:55 +0200

2010/7/2 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>:
> Hmmmm. Let me ask you few questions. ;-)
>
> What CERTI versions do you have installed on your machine? Which version?

As noted by Petr,
this should be specified almost every time when reporting a problem.

> Did you use the prebuild CERTI binaries (rtia, rtig, libRTI), or do you
> build CERTI on your own?
>

> Could you please send us the log files from the RTIG and the federate?

I can answer that one:

"HLALOG - 1278075976.802115 LibRTI::exampleFederate -
/DATA/ERIC/workspace/certi/libRTI/RTItypes.cc> RTI::Exception
[RTIinternalError,0x0] - reason=Calling deleteObjectInstance with Tag
NULL"

I did run the provided example with CERTI 3.40cvs (latest from CVS) on
a Linux 32 bits box.
The message is only displayed if we asked CERTI to display extensive
information about exception
by setting the environment variable RTI_EXCEPTION to "X"

with a bourne shell:
export RTI_EXCEPTION=X

Now if I replace the

rtiamb->deleteObjectInstance( objectHandle, NULL);

with

rtiamb->deleteObjectInstance( objectHandle, "unused" );

The example seems to run just fine.
You'll find attach the modified example with an extra CMakeLists.txt which may
be used to compile it.

http://www.april.org